Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quick Note

Hey, felt like the Lord was teaching something, so I thought I'd share it with y'all. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, Sam and I have been making it a priority and a habit to pray together before we open up the cafe each morning. During these times of prayer, we have been asking God for encouragement, for new people to come, for God to make something great out of our often misguided and small efforts. One of the main things God has been teaching me is that through prayer we can see that God is working and give him the credit/glory for it. Because we have been chatting with God in the mornings (and consequently more throughout the day), we have been more aware of God answering our prayers. Instead of just glossing over someone new coming to the cafe, I can attribute it to God and thank him for the encouragement and for working. The Psalms talk all the time about ascribing to God the glory that is due him. Through prayer, I am beginning to see all the blessings he gives to me, and I am grateful for them. I think it makes for a healthier, more grateful, more biblical relationship with God. Recognizing God working throughout the day is like I am putting on a new set of lens to view the world because I can rightly attribute things to God and thank him for them.

Those are my thoughts for the night, bye

Doug

No comments: